If you use Shaw Contract’s products or services, further information will be provided as part of the engagement process.
If you are an employee or worker of Shaw Contract, the information about how we handle your personal information as an employee is located on the Shaw Contract intranet and will have been notified to you. You can request a copy of the information from your HR representative.
If you are prospective employee or job applicant of Shaw Contract, we will provide you separately with information about how we handle your personal information for recruitment purposes.
TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT
Personal information means information that allows someone to identify you (either directly or indirectly) or contact you. The table below sets out the types of personal information that we may collect from you and how we collect it.
We collect personal information directly from the individual to whom it relates, except where that individual has consented to Shaw Contract collecting the personal information from a third party or the law otherwise permits Shaw Contract to do so.
Types of Data and Purpose for Collection
We may collect your name, payment, and contact information (including e-mail address, postal address, telephone number and social media account login details) when you create an account.
If you receive email from us, we may use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message or click on any links or banners it contains.
If you provide us feedback or contact us for support we will collect your name and e-mail address and possibly other personal information, as well as any other content that you send to us in order to reply.
Online Forms and Submissions
We collect information you submit to us on our websites or through online forms to process your requests, including name, postal address, e-mail address and phone number.
We may collect your name, billing address, shipping address, e-mail address, phone number, credit card number and bank details when you place an order.
We may collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit. Web logs may be used for things like monitoring website usage levels and diagnosing problems.
We may collect information about the device accessing the website such as MAC address, device type, and device identifiers.
In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive additional relevant information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information that we store is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
USE AND PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. In addition to the uses described above, most commonly, we will use your personal information, and may share your personal data with other parties acting on our behalf, for one or more of the following purposes:
- To identify you when you visit our websites.
- To provide the products, information, and services you request or that we think you may be interested in.
- If you are a customer, to carry out our contract with you.
- To improve and personalize your experience with us.
- For order processing and to streamline your checkout and service process.
- To conduct analytics and solve problems.
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationship with you.
- To assess and respond to a complaint you might make to us or feedback you might give us.
- For market research purposes.
- To conduct investigations of suspicious or harmful activity.
INFORMATION FOR MARKETING PURPOSES
Where you have consented to us using your personal information for marketing purposes, we may use your information to conduct marketing and data analysis or to send you updates and news concerning Shaw Contract and its business partners.
If at any time after you have consented to us using your information for marketing purposes and you wish us to stop using your information for these purposes, please email us at DataPrivacy@Shawinc.com.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we disclose personal information in situations set out below. This will only take place in accordance with applicable law.
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share your personal information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires our company, business, or our assets, we will also share your personal information with that company.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose personal information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, in connection with any legal or regulatory process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your personal information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, for audit purposes, or a violation of our policies.
- Service Providers. We may share your personal information with service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our website, conduct surveys, mail communications, or provide technical support, data centre services or legal advice. These service providers may collect, store, analyze, or otherwise process information on our behalf.
- Sale of Personal Information. Other than set out above, we will not sell your personal information to others.
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Changes to Your Personal Information. You may request that we rectify any inaccurate and/or incomplete personal information. If we disagree and believe the information to be accurate and complete, we will advise you and include a notation on the record that you dispute the information’s accuracy. Some of our websites allow you to modify or delete your account profile. Some personal information can also be changed by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Information” section below.
- Deletion of Your Personal Information. Typically we retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. You may, however, request that we delete your personal information. All requests must be directed to the contact in the “Contact Information” section below. We may also decide to delete your data if we believe that the data is incomplete, inaccurate, or that our continued use and storage are contrary to our obligations to other individuals or third parties. When we delete personal information it will be removed from our active database, but it may remain in archives where it is not practical or possible to delete it. In addition, we may keep your personal information as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce any of our agreements.
- Revocation of Consent. If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information then we may no longer be able to provide you certain services. In some cases we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, if we are unable to adequately verify your identity, or if our processing is not based on your consent. Revocation of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your previous consent.
- Access to Your Personal information. To the extent required by law, upon request, we will grant access to personal information that we hold about you. All requests must be directed to the contact in the “Contact Information” section.
- Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
- Decline to Provide. You may chose not to provide some types of personal information to us. This choice may result in our websites or their functionality not working.
- Object to Processing. You may, as permitted by law, request that we stop processing your personal information.
- Complaints. Complaints can be sent to us using the “Contact Information” details below. Some jurisdictions may also allow you to complain to a data protection authority as well.